Sarah and I met the day I walked into Nature College, enquiring about studying Kinesiology. Sarah greeted me at the desk and the rest, as they say, is history.
We studied together, graduated together, taught together, laughed together, practiced together and now we have created a company together.
It was twenty years since we first met, when Sarah asked me (over a bowl of pasta and a glass of red) to join forces with her.
The vision was to create an organisation which honours the foundations of Kinesiology, whilst embracing the wisdom, experience, and successes and of our careers, evolving Kinesiology into the future.
With combined passions for all things kinesiology, happy healthy lives, good wine, good people, good food and good times, it's amazing it took us so long to come together to create The Nidana Collective.
We believe in the professionalism of kinesiology and kinesiology as profession. Integrity, generosity and a wealth of experience are the corner stones of our business. Whether with a student, an individual client or a corporate customer, we are excited to be invited to be into your world and to share this incredible modality with you.
We look forward to working with you, discovering what else could be possible, and realising your optimal self and raising the bar on your experience of life.
If you are interested in learning more, we would like to hear from you.
About Sarah Gilmour-Mayne
From a young age, Sarah knew what she wanted to do with her life…help people change their lives with natural medicine.
Step 1 was enrolling into Nutritional Medicine and Homeopathy. This was the first of many qualifications she would receive over the coming 22 years.
This training became the foundation of her continuing education and love for nutritional science, emphasising gut health and its vast effects on our experience of life.
Working alongside some of the industry's leading practitioners and trainers both locally and internationally, Sarah became more and more curious about the connection between the body and mind.
This, of course, led her to the world of Kinesiology, where the integration of the totality of all things human merge in one modality.
The transformational results she began to see in her clients inspired her to share the power of Kinesiology on a larger scale, and she became a teacher and mentor.
Over the last 16 years, Sarah taught and consulted to many of Sydney's leading Natural Therapy Colleges across their Kinesiology qualification offerings.
She decided to harness the years of experience as both a teacher, mentor and practitioner and create her own Kinesiology college with colleague and friend Terese Mudgway.
In conjunction with enjoying a successful and fulfilling career in the world of complementary medicine, her greatest creations are her two beautiful daughters. Along with her husband James, she has embraced and loved the journey of parenting and building a family lifestyle that supports their values and inspires them to live a life of fun and fulfilment.
Becoming a mother gave her a whole new perspective and vantage point as a practitioner. This, in turn, gave her the gift of expanding her clinical knowledge into the area of child & family wellbeing.
As a working Mum, it has also highlighted the importance of balancing her personal family life with her professional life. What is required in this juggling act, coupled with over 20 years of complementary medicine, is the gift she loves to share with clients, students, family and friends.
About Terese Mudgway
After spending nearly 15 years as a leading marketing professional in NZ and Australia, like many of us Terese found herself looking for more.
She loved many components of what she did in the business world but there was something missing. Terese was at a stage in her life where she wanted change, or, she may find herself continuing a corporate life which felt, to her relatively soul-less.
It was while visiting her chiropractor she discovered her calling. He was using Applied Kinesiology and he suggested she enquire about studying Kinesiology.
Through Kinesiology, Terese found a way to build on her innate ability to work with people, to contribute and intuitively understand life’s challenges – the causes, affects and effects.
Following more than four years of study, and graduating with a Diploma in Kinesiology, she opened the first of 3 successful practices, both in Australia & NZ.
Since then Terese has gone on to teach at most of Sydney’s leading natural therapy colleges, mentored students, and even taken Kinesiology into the corporate sector, working with some of Australia’s leading brands.
She recently joined forces with her long standing friend and colleague Sarah Gilmour-Mayne, and together they have opened their my own Kinesiology Academy.
Working with clients, students and organisations has truly given Terese the most
rewarding, fulfilling and inspiring career.
It is one of, if not the most holistic modality available in complementary medicine. Kinesiology was developed by a Dr of chiropractic in the 1960s and merges western anatomy and physiology with traditional Chinese medicine. Each person is approached through the lens of bio-individuality, and kinesiology works with this uniqueness, ‘balancing’ the whole being back to a state of homeostasis. A foundational concept of kinesiology is the Triangle of Health, with the three sides representing the key aspects of our being: Physical/Structural; Mental/Emotional; Bio-Chemical; Kinesiology uses ‘muscle testing’ to access understanding and incongruences across all aspects of health and facilitates the process of ‘balancing’ the individual’s requirements to achieve outcomes.
- All the skills and knowledge required for professional practice as an internationally accredited Kinesiologist.
- A bank of resources, protocols and proven techniques to work with clients on a physical, structural, mental, emotional, spiritual and biochemical basis.
- The foundations of traditional Chinese medicine, the theory of chi and how to work with the body’s energy systems to bring it back to a state of homeostasis.
- Muscle testing - the biochemical feedback mechanism to access the body and being’s innate wisdom and path to optimal health.
Techniques that work with all three sides of the ‘Triangle of Health’ in facilitating a client achieving outcomes and goals. Including Physical/Structural, Mental/Emotional, and Biochemical.
- The functionality of the body and how to work with both individual muscles and the full protocol of muscle groups.
How to work with clients in a clinical environment, including building a successful and sustainable business.
- You will need to be available to attend a four-day class once a month.
- Classes run from a Friday through to Monday.
- Classes are varying combinations of online and face-to-face.
- For each module (12 in the Certificate; 16 in the Diploma), you are required to complete a workbook and an online open book test and attend class.
- Practicing techniques and skills between classes is required. The time commitment for this varies depending on the learning integration style and speed of each student.
- 50 hours of student clinic will be conducted following the completion of classes. This is usually done in a two-day block.
Yes, you will hold a fully accredited, international qualification to practice as an insured Professional Kinesiologist.
Yes, and we cover all the requirements of what you will need and guide you through the various options for professional insurance.
Yes, our courses are internationally recognised.
Yes, each level of qualification requires students to attend 50 hours of student clinic.
You will be qualified to work with both children and adults.
In order to work with children, you will have to apply for the legal requirements pertaining to each state.
We do an annual intake in March of every year.
The Self-Care Workshop is the pre-requisite to be completed prior to the March start date.
The Self-Care Workshop can be started at any stage of the year.
The medical sciences can also be started at any stage of the year.
Sydney, Brisbane and Byron Hinterland.
- Yes, there are open-book online tests with each module.
- There is also a final full assessment at the end of the Certificate and another at the end of the Diploma.
- There is also ongoing assessment during the classes to support each students learning process.
A combination of online and face-to-face.
An android tablet or iPad / iPhone to be able to download the Kinesiology App.
A willingness to surrender to a transformational journey.
Commitment to time for class, practice hours and study between classes.
Yes, you can. Please contact us if you need to do so.
No - the clinic hours you will do in your professional qualification are based specifically on the PKP protocol and techniques you will learn in this qualification.
- We record all theory classes, so although we recommend you attend all classes, we do appreciate life happens. It will be your responsibility to watch the recordings and catch up before the next class.
- If you cannot attend the face-to-face classes, you will be responsible for coordinating with your classmates to practice the techniques taught in the module you have missed.
$12,540 - $30,976 depending on which qualification you do.
Yes, we do. Please contact us to discuss our payment options.
Yes, we do. However this is done on a case-by-case basis, and our refund policy is detailed on the enrolment form.